Help your prostate cancer patients learn their genetic risk
Why choose the Color Test?
- The Color Hereditary Cancer Test enables patients diagnosed with prostate cancer to:
- Understand if there is a genetic component to his prostate cancer
- Assess his risk for developing other common cancers, including breast, ovarian, colon, and pancreatic cancer, and the possible implications for his family members
- Access complimentary genetic counseling from a board certified, licensed genetic counselor
- The Color Hereditary Cancer Test is a hereditary cancer panel that analyzes 30 genes.
Please note that research and screening guidelines for genes associated with hereditary prostate cancer are still in their early stages. It is part of the Color service to keep you updated if any information related to your results changes.
* Only positions known to impact cancer risk analyzed: CDK4: only chr12:g.58145429-58145431 (codon 24) analyzed, EPCAM: only large deletions and duplications including 3’ end of the gene analyzed, GREM1: only duplications in the upstream regulatory region analyzed, MITF: only chr3:g.70014091 (including c.952G>A) analyzed, POLD1: only chr19:g.50909713 (including c.1433G>A) analyzed, POLE: only chr12:g.133250250 (including c.1270C>G) analyzed.
** PMS2: Exons 12-15 not analyzed.
- A physician must order and submit the test requisition form to GenomeDx customer service by:
- Fax: 1.855.324.2768
- Email: email@example.com
- Upon receipt of order, Color will process payment* and specimen collection kit will be shipped to the patient
- Specimen type: Saliva or Blood
- Shipping: Return shipping labels included for your convenience
- Physicians will receive test results 3 to 4 weeks after sample is accepted at the laboratory
- 20 days later, patient receives test result and is offered a complimentary session with a Color genetic counselor
*$249 + $9.95 shipping & handling. Cash pay only via credit card.